It’s lovely being able to go abroad on holidays but it’s not always possible or feasible. We found ourselves itchy to go away again when Graham had some time off in between jobs. We didn’t want to go abroad and we decided to visit the Lake District.
The most amazing was, shortly after we went, it became an UNESCO heritage site!!
The drive up was around 5 hours from London. We packed everything we needed for the long weekend and off we went.
Our apartment was called The Round Window that occupies the roof space of a 19th Century stable. The round window is thought to be where they used to throw hays to the horses! Our apartment was so special and it made our trip so memorable. Have a look at our apartment tour video!
1. We were able to cook our own breakfast every morning, which saved us money
2. It feels like home away from home! Our 1 bedroom apartment had everything we needed, much like our own apartment in London.
3. Privacy is limited in a hotel like when people knock on your door for house keeping. At this apartment, we were left to do our own thing and our own time which was so very nice!
4. Price- it is obviously much than staying in a hotel, plus you get to make your own food.
– The location is a stone throw away from a high street in Bowness-on-Windermere that has the best restaurants and shops
– Free parking right outside the front door
– The beautiful round window that lets all the light in. It was a great place to just sit and watch the world go by!
– We love how they really thought about their guest and have lots of entertainments in the apartment (DVD, books, puzzles, games etc)
– Lovley host, easy to commmunicate with and always quick to answer questions
This was such a perfect home-away-from-home getaway I kept catching myself thinking “I don’t want to leave!”
Thank you The Stables for having us!
Booking your next adventure in Lake District with The Stables now:
*Disclaimer: We were invited as guest to stay and review The Stables but all opinions and photos are our own*
Have a look at our other hotel reviews: